Wednesday, September 19, 2012

E-Day

Engagement review time! :)

Makeup: Farah from The Makeup Parlour, they are affordable and i really like their make up! Funny thing about Farah and I, apparently we have mutual friends! And she's from Alor Star as well so she kinda knows Adam. Kecik sangat dunia ni and we ended up being friends now. Such a nice lady, very friendly and talented and soooo comfortable to be with. We laughed the whole time during the make up session. Mom likes her too. And I've already asked her to do my make up for my wedding. :) yay!

Hantaran: was done by mom. I super love the hantaran she did. Really! I let her decide how she wants to decorate it, but I super love the outcome! I wanted something simple and she did just that! Can't wait to see what my mom will do for my wedding hantaran next.

Pelamin: was done by mom, Wanchu and Ayah Jor. Could never thank them enough. Initially I didn't want any pelamin, but mom insisted on one so again I let her decide. Flower arrangement was done by Wanchu. The choice of flowers also was done by her. So so cantik! Simple yet classy.

Catering: we hired Tasty Touch Fingers Food Catering. Quite cheap and tasty food. But their after service is so horrible! Omg! Definitely the first and the last time!
For apam polkadot, I ordered from a friend of a friend, very lovely and friendly lady.
For cake, I ordered Pecan Praline Cheesecake from this online shop called 4cakesinacup, super duper love the cake! So sedap!
Kuih muih from the usual my little cake shop at Pasar Besar Ttdi.

Engagement dress: cheap materials (like super cheap, haha!) from Kamdar, tailoring at Aw Yong Tailor at SS14 and beading works at Tyra Mei at Amcorp Mall. Super love the beadings!

For our hantaran, we decided to give each other only the necessities, so he gave me materials for solemnization attire, perfume, cupcakes, ring and a necklace and sirih junjung. From me to him; sirih junjung, nougats, perfume, cupcakes, fruits, material from solemnization and bunga rampai.

I was super nervous that day. I can still remember while they're discussing the deets, I was literally restless in the room while waiting for them to call me out.

It was simple and a very intimate event but I'm happy because I have all my good friends with me, the usuals, noe and syuk and of course all my relatives too. Alhamdulillah. Pictures below are courtesy of Adam's sister.

With the soon to be siblings
With Adam's mom
With my aunties/ uncles

No comments: