Our finalized routes are KL – Amsterdam – Barcelona – Madrid – Paris – KL.
I’m very determined to get the cheapest rate for all the flights and this is when it gets crazy, I downloaded all the flight apps in my phone and check EVERY SINGLE DAY! Fortunately we managed to get all our flight tickets from Amsterdam to Barcelona and Madrid to Paris for less than 50 euros per person, which is quite a bargain I think. From Barcelona to Madrid, we decided to take the overnight train which costs us about 20 euros each, which I feel like a good deal as well as we got the Preferente seats (more like the business class of train).
The flight from Amsterdam to Barcelona was delayed for a few hours, for god knows why, where unfortunately we missed our trip to Parc Guell that day. I was pretty upset but oh well, the trip goes on. Though I managed to negotiate with Parc Guell management to retime our visit, but Vueling was being a bit a bitch about the whole proof thingy so yup, we missed it all right.
Easy Jet was alright, we went quite early to the airport and managed to check in on time and depart on time.
The only concern about all these low cost flights in Europe is that you need to buy the luggage, and it’s not cheap! The price is around 15 euros for 20 kg, and they are very strict with hand luggage, only one hand luggage per person and ladies, your handbag are considered as hand luggage. So what we do is, we put my handbag in Adam’s bag, and once we’re clear, then only we took out the bag.
Meanwhile, from Barcelona to Madrid, we took the overnight train; it was quite alright, because the seat can be adjusted so we can sleep properly. The room leg is big. The luggage area is at the end of the carriage so it won’t bother your area so much.
All in all, I’m quite satisfied with the mode of transportation we used throughout
No comments:
Post a Comment