Early morning on the 15th of Feb 2013, it was another normal day, after the mandi bunga, mom and I accidentally slept till 10 in the morning, it was a much needed sleep. Woke up, drove mom to pasar to get the sirih. Wanchik came around at 11 bringing the Fidani chocolates with her, yay!, I couldn't eat much, probably I was worried I'd be too bloated later.
At around 1.30 in the afternoon, Fariz dropped myself and Ira at Eastin for us to check in. Once we got to our room, we quickly ironed my crumbled shawl and kain. Farah arrived at 2.30 sharp to start on my make up, Aizat came by few minutes after that to start photographing the whole process. Abg Alin dropped by too to help with the dress, it was a last minute decision to wear the tiara but somehow glad I wore it as without it, it was too simple.
By 4.30, I was feeling quite nervous yet I am still calm about the whole thing. We went to the mosque at around 4.45 for we're quite afraid of the horrible Eastin traffic but traffic was smooth at that time, so we reached At-Taqwa quite early. Went up to the praying hall above and saw familiar faces (my uitm friends & the usuals) and I started to feel very very nervous. I love the decorations, it was a simple set up but yet it was just nice. Many many thanks and love to Wanchu for everything she've done. My aunty kept on reminding me to show my teeth when I smile, which is quite difficult to do at first, but after that, it was okay.
By 5.30 pm, Adam's entourage arrived at the mosque. I was in front of all hantarans, and Adam was just a few meters away from me, and I saw him looking at me, I was so shy I reacted silly by making faces at him. The event started quite late as we need to wait for the saksi. At around 6.30, my father did the ijab and Adam did the kabul and by one lafaz, we are officially husband and wife. I was so happy I grinned like crazy. I was about to cry too when my cousin cooled my down. But one thing, I love the fact that Adam terbatal his ablution by me salam and cium his tangan for the first time as husband and wife.. Did the whole cincin and mas kahwin thingy, took pictures and all and off we went downstairs to greet everybody who came.
As we started quite late, we couldn't meet everyone as by then it was almost Maghrib and most of the people have gone home instead. After Maghrib, we went back to my home and after that it was as if a normal day. Haha. Oooh, Wan and Elun dropped by too but by then I was wearing my solemnization top and jeans, haha. Went to Mak Nid's to meet Adam's family and later, off we went to Eastin for our first night in. *wink!*
It was a simple event but I loved every single bit of it. The decors, the hantarans, I've never expected this, and with that I'm truly truly happy with the outcome. Thank you my dearest Mom and Wanchu for everything. I know you guys have spent hundreds maybe almost thousands for me, I truly appreciate it with all my heart. Love you always.
Next, The Reception!
No comments:
Post a Comment