Sunday, March 3, 2013

16th February 2013

The day started quite late for us, we woke up at around 9.30 in the morning, bathed and went straight to the hall for rehearsal.
We knew that the aircond for the hall will be on around afternoon but what we didn’t expect is that it is the same for the electricity. Pity the PA system and ukulele guys who came early to rehearse but couldn’t due to the lack of electricity.

It was such a tiring session as it was so hot, and humid, and we had to rehearse for quite a number of times. Everyone was there helping around with the chairs and tables and all. The dais maker came around at midnight to complete around 80% of the decorations. Although it was hot, it was quite enjoyable as well as we get to sing along with the ukulele while they rehearse.

We finished quite late, around almost 4 in the evening, rushed to Mak Nid’s house to pick up some things and send it the house and bought lunch for us to eat at the hotel. We didn’t get the chance to lie down and rest as I had to shower and prepare myself for the makeup and hairstyling.

At around 5.30, both my makeup artist and hairstylist came to Eastin. I was dolled up by both at the same time so by around 7, it was all done. Farah helped me with the dress, Abg Alin dropped by to check up on things. And Adam continues to watch the tv while I was being made. So lucky! Hmph.

I super super love my hair during the reception. It looked so so cantik and so so worth it to hire her albeit it was a wee bit expensive.

Around 745 we went down to the lobby as we had drama regarding my shoes hahahaha! That was funny! Thank god Abg Alin was all prepared.

By 8.45, we are then allowed to walk in the hall with my family and all. I was surprised to see how full it was. Alhamdulillah. Thank you all for coming. And I can see that mom is happy with the event although there’s quite a drama before that.

It went by quite fast in my opinion, but it was just nice. We finished around 10 pm, and the most tiring session began; to shake hand and thanked people who came to our simple wedding. But I was so happy as I got to meet my long forgotten friends like those in Maser, my school friends and of course my colleagues.

I’m really happy with the outcome of both of the receptions. It was simple yet it was exactly how I want it to be, even better than what I’ve expected. Alhamdulillah. Much love to the backbone of the weddings; mom, Wanchu, Ayah Jor, Lope, Tante, Ira and the rest of the family for the support. Adam and I could never thank you enough. And with that, it is the end of what I feel like the most amazing night in my life.

No comments: